I recently needed to parse a text file and convert it to a json file, all within a Jenkins pipeline. I ran into some interesting issues during that process that i’d like to share.
I’ve needed on occassion to remove empty strings or entries from a list in python. These are the ways I could think of removing those empty strings.
Recently I’ve needed to filter some of the metrics being shipped from collectd agents to our graphite instance.
I wanted to checkout powerline, as lately I’ve seen several great looking screenshots.
I’m very new to jekyll. I think the fact that is a simple and lightweight system is appealing to me. In trying it out, the one thing I wasn’t able to find was a an easy way to create _posts entries. I also noticed that jekyll did not have any built-in capability to create these files for me, so i create a script for myself to do it easily.